This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


Real Time News!


Phone lines 

We apologise if you have difficulty contacting us by phone. We are experiencing particularly high call volumes. 

Antibiotic awareness

Click here for important information about prescribing antibiotics.

Advice about a minor ailment or run out of repeat medication?

If you have run out of your regular repeat medication or need advice about a minor ailment please contact your local community pharmacy.


Please phone for results between 2 and 4pm.

Parking at Wodeland Avenue

The car park at our Wodeland Avenue site is often full and we need to reserve space for our staff. Please note that patients can park on the road directly outside free for up to 2hrs.


In the case of a life-threatening problem, dial 999 for an ambulance.  It is now advisable for anyone suffering acute, severe chest pain (especially if associated with sweating, pain in the neck or left arm or faintness) to dial 999. Any suspected "heart attack" is better dealt with directly by the paramedics in the Surrey Ambulance service.  The nearest casualty department is at the Royal Surrey County Hospital (01483) 571122


registrationWe accept patients who move into the practice area. We do not normally accept patients who already have a GP in Guildford, but we do have a written submission process for those with appropriate reasons. Patients register with the Practice rather than with a specific doctor.

A condition of registering with Guildowns is that we store information about you on our computer system. See our Practice policies for more detail.

If you are thinking of registering with the Practice, please come in and speak to a receptionist. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to complete a health questionnaire. If you wish to complete the questionnaire prior to your visit, please click on the health questionnaire link and bring it to the surgery with proof of identity and proof of address, as stated on the form. This is a requirement on us from the NHS.

Download patient questionnaire

Temporary residents and foreign visitors

UK patients away from home may register for "Immediately Necessary Treatment" or as "Temporary Residents" if they need medical assistance whilst staying in the practice area. Foreign nationals may register for private treatment if they need medical treatment whilst in the UK.

Change of personal details

Please help us to keep our records straight by letting us know if you change your name, address or telephone number. Unless there are special circumstances, we regret we cannot keep on patients who move out of the practice area.


Please go to the "Guildowns University Medical Centre" area of the website for information about the easiest way to register.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website