Flu vaccination provides the best protection against an unpredictable virus which infects many people and can cause serious illness and death each year. If you are aged 65 or over or are in an at-risk group then the vaccination is free and recommended yearly. For more information please visit www.nhs.uk/flujab.
- Saturday 3rd October – Wodeland Avenue Surgery
- Saturday 10th October – Stoughton Road Surgery
- Saturday 17th October – The Oaks Surgery
- A – C: 09:00 – 09:30
- D – F: 09:30 – 10:00
- G – I: 10:00 – 10:30
- J – M: 10:30 – 11:00
- N – Q: 11:00 – 11:30
- R – S: 11:30 – 12:00
- T – V: 12:00 – 12:30
- W – Z: 12:30 – 13:00
Differences This Year
- Please be assured that we will be operating a socially distanced queuing system and adhering to strict infection control measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
- No appointment is necessary but we ask that you try to attend at the time as stated above, based on the first letter of your surname. We can allow for some flexibility but need to ensure that arrivals are staggered throughout the morning.
- Please wear a face mask.
- Please wear suitable clothing, so that you can expose your arm easily for the vaccine.
50-64 Year Olds
These clinics are for people aged 65 and over and for those with one of the eligible conditions that puts them at increased risk from flu. NHS England have advised that later in the year once these groups have been prioritised then the vaccine may also be offered to all people aged 50-64, and further information relating to this will be released in due course.
If you are in an at-risk group but make the decision not to have your flu vaccine this year it would be helpful if you would inform the practice so that we are aware. This can be done by contacting our Receptionists.
Guildowns Group Practice.